I feel like I need to do something to acknowledge this baby that lived inside me for 10 short weeks. For two full months my husband and I dreamed about this child. Everything I think of seems so trivial.
My ideas that I don't really like, but input may help
- Writing a letter and attaching it to a helium balloon
- Getting a tattoo
- Wearing a special necklace
- Planting a tree
The problems with each idea:
- The balloon would deflate and be litter somewhere
- I really don't like tattoos, I wouldn't want others to see it
- A necklace can get lost or broken
- We won't stay in our house for more than a couple more years. Also, we already have many trees in our yard
A ceremony may be nice, but I am not really sure what to say and who would be there. I have a tearfest daily with my husband so I feel like others should be present, but who? Both of our parents would think this was weird. My friends are very supportive, but I am not sure that they would be comfortable with something like this.
I just feel really upset that I can't figure out a way to recognize our baby.