Thursday, March 29, 2007

Screening

After my ups and downs the last couple of weeks, I decided to get screened for depression. I talked to a friend who is a psychologist last night and she thought it would be a good idea.

Normally I am meticulous about my house, right now though nothing is in place. The dishes are piled up, the floors need to be swept, I have piles of stuff in the living room and my bedroom. The laundry is washed and folded but that is only because my husband did it. He is trying to keep up with the house but he is 5 weeks from graduation and has a ton to do right now.

I have been exercising regularly for a couple years. I didn't run at all last week and forced myself to go this past Tuesday. I went to the gym last night, but only stayed for 20 minutes because I almost started to cry everything I looked at the other girls there. It seemed like every girl there was perfect.

In the past year or so I had lost 30 pounds. Since February, I have gained at least 10 pounds. My size 12s were beginning to be too big and I had bought a couple of size 10s. Now my size 14s are feeling snug. This just makes me want to eat more.

So, I made an appointment with my family doctor and she was able to get me in today. I am not exactly sure what she will do, but I want to find out if I am depressed or if I am just going through the normal grieving process.

No comments: