Monday, March 26, 2007

Someday

Yesterday was the 1 month anniversary of my miscarriage. I had to leave the house around the time that it actually occurred. I was a little tearful, but I am doing much better.

This past weekend M and I chaperoned a retreat for our youth group. It was a great retreat. We were in charge of 2 meals for 65 people. That was my first time ever cooking for that large a group, and it went better than expected.

On Saturday night during our worship time, I learned a new song. I guess it is actually an old song, but it was the first time I ever heard it. The song is 4 part harmony in a round with each part singing different words. The alto line had the words I needed to hear, "Peace and Joy and Happiness, no more sorrow, someday." The timing for those words was wonderful. I know that someday I will experience all those things just like before.

Someday
by Unknown
Soprano
Someday, Someday, Someday, Someday
Alto
Peace and joy and happiness, no more sorrow, someday
Tenor
Gotta be ready when he calls my name
Gotta be ready when he calls my name
Gotta be ready when he calls my name
Someday
Bass
The trumpets will sound,
And all the dead will rise,
We'll walk the streets of gold
Someday
The music is available at the website below. The bass line is listed differently, but at least if you read music, you can get the idea.
To hear a piano version, go to the website below, scroll down to Someday. It isn't as pretty as 65 people singing acapella, but you can get the idea.

No comments: