Thursday, March 15, 2007

Today is the Day

Today is the day we were planning to start telling people that we were expecting. It is my father-in-law's birthday, so we planned to tell him and my mother-in-law first. I decorate cakes so our plan was to have them over for supper and birthday cake. The writing on the cake was going to say, "Happy Birthday Grandpa" as he doesn't have grandchildren yet.

I was going to send a stork to my sister-in-law and sisters. To my parents I had planned to have a mug or framed drawing with stick figures of my niece and nephew next to a question mark. Underneath the figures would be my niece's & nephew's names, under the question mark I was planning to write, "TBA September 2007".

I expected today to be a hard day, but so far it has not been too bad. I didn't even freak out when I lost my parking permit in between the back door and my car. I spent 20 minutes looking for it and still didn't get upset.

I also did not exercise last night and I am up 1.2 pounds from last week. Usually weigh in days are not good days. I can't believe I am up despite the fact that I ran 5 miles Friday, 7 Sunday, and 4 on Tuesday, and went to the gym for weights and stationary bike riding Saturday and Monday. I guess the stress eating is catching up to me.

No comments: