Monday, April 9, 2007

A little scared

I got interesting news yesterday, I am pregnant again. I wasn't trying and I am not sure I am ready.

My husband and I have been intimate twice since our scare (almost 2 months ago). Apparently that was all we needed.

This past week I had noticed a couple symptoms, my chest seemed larger, and I felt this pain in my lower abdomen that I had only experienced when I was pregnant before. My husband noticed that Saturday night I fell asleep during a movie about 9:00 and slept until 8:30 Sunday morning. Then I took a 5 hour nap Sunday afternoon. He said the last time I slept like that I was pregnant.

I decided to buy a pregnancy test just to prove to myself I wasn't pregnant. I wanted to be able to relax. My husband and I prayed that no matter what, we would be happy with the results. We were both shocked when it was positive. I even took a second test this morning to be sure.

I am happy that I am pregnant, but I am scared. I didn't have a period after my miscarriage. I hope that means this pregnancy will be OK. The doctor said to wait at least one cycle before trying again, but we weren't trying.

This also means that I probably will have to go back to the doctor's office that I don't like. My insurance doesn't change until July 1 and I will need to go to the doctor before then.

This is a blessing, a surprise, but a blessing.

2 comments:

The Town Criers said...

Wow...I'm crossing fingers and thinking good thoughts for you.

Kathleen said...

Congratulations!

I have been lurking on your blog but I hadn't checked it in a few days...I, too, had a miscarriage around the same time you did. I can't remember how I found your blog, though.

I'm praying everything goes smoothly with this pregnancy!