Thursday, April 19, 2007

Random Thoughts

It may not have been such a good idea to get another dog. 3 dogs in our 1100 square foot house is a little much. Chica is also expecting so we will have to hang onto her for a little longer or find someone extremely understanding to take her.

The doctor's visit was fine yesterday. I only got a little teary eyed. I will find out what the blood work said when I meet with the doc and have an ultrasound on May 2.

We are planning a cruise for after M graduates. We haven't booked it yet, we know which cruise and everything. I guess we don't want to spend the money even though we both really need a vacation!

I am stressed about M's graduation. I had been planning a small gathering to say thanks to those who have prayed for us, hung out with me, and provided the occasional odd job for M while he was in school. My in-laws, who never plan anything in advance, knew I was planning something and invited M's entire family before talking to me. Now instead of the 10 or so friends and immediate family at our nice dinner and graduation, there will be about 30 extended family members. We will not be able to celebrate with the people who mean the most to us. I ended up cancelling my event. I am not incredibly happy about it, but didn't want to offend most of M's family. We have talked about postponing it, but I am feeling a little stubborn right now.

Today is the 11th anniversary of the Oklahoma City Bombing. If you ever get a chance, go visit the memorial, it is very powerful. I have visited the site twice. Once a couple months after the bombing when things were still being cleaned up. The second time about 3 years ago.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Thanks for your comment back on my blog! I have read Dave Ramsey, and that's kind of the loose idea we're going by -- the debt snowball thing. Pay off the little debts first while making minimum payments on big debts, then roll all of the money eventually into the big debt. Paying off debt feels so good!

Anyway -- I'm glad your appointment yesterday was ok.

And I'm sorry to hear about the graduation plans being changed. That just really stinks. :( I understand about being stubborn, too.

I have been to the OKC memorial. My grandparents lived in OKC before they passed away. The memorial is very powerful. I saw the site a couple months after the bombing...it was very intense. I can't believe it's been 11 years.