Thursday, May 17, 2007

Puppy Update

Chica had 5 puppies, 2 females and 3 males. They are adorable, mostly black with some yellowish streaks. We now think the father must be the Yorkie. We took a ton of pictures last night, but my jump drive is full and M is having difficultly e-mailing me the attachments today. I will have to figure out how to post pictures and post them tomorrow.

Chica is doing well. My mother-in-law thought that she was going to have a 6th puppy and 4 hours after the 5th pup was born, she called the vet. The vet had her bring Chica in and thought there could be a 6th. After an x-ray it was determined there was not.

When I went to my in-laws to pick up the litter and Chica, Chica was excited to see me and running around like nothing had happened. Last night she was tired and defending her pups. She would let M & me hold them, but she would not let Maggie or Bandit into the room. I was really worried about how she would do with the pups because she is only about 18 months old, an adolescent in dog years. By the way my mother-in-law is awesome, there was no evidence anywhere in the house that puppies had been born inside. She went way beyond the call of duty to help us out.

No comments: