Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Relief of sorts

Today was my first ultrasound with this new pregnancy. I was so nervous I could have thrown up last night. Today I tried to relax and did not go to work before my appointment.

The ultrasound was first and we did not have to wait long at all. Thankfully it was a regular ultrasound and the baby measured at 8 weeks, 2 days. That is almost exactly what we guessed. I would have said 8 weeks, 5 days. The heartbeat was 162 which is also really good.

The ultrasound looked a lot different than the first time around. We could actually see a baby shape with the flutter of a heartbeat. The arm and leg buds were moving. Last time we only saw a blinking light. We got a printout too, now I have proof there is really a baby. This is also something tangible that I can look at if I should lose this pregnancy too. I don't want to think that way, but I now know that someone has to be in that 3% group.

My next appointment is in 4 weeks. I am anxious to get past the 10 week mark. Now that I have seen the baby there is some relief that this is not a nasty trick my body is playing on me.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on the great u/s. I know what a relief it is, but I also know it does not wipe the worry slate clean. But I hope you can enjoy this good news.

Christyna said...

Even though it's the end of October I'm reading this and feeling joy for you as if it was happening now. ha ha I know I'm weird.