Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Yesterday's post

I thought I had lost this post then remembered that drafts are automatically posted.
***
Today I was caught off guard. I have been doing really well. Last night I went to run club for the first time since Easter. I ended up walking about 3 miles, but it felt so good. I folded laundry, finished putting away stuff from vacation, unloaded the dishwasher, reloaded the dishwasher, and rearranged my closet. I was worn out, but it felt good to make progress on little stuff around the house.

Back to today, I finally talked to this girl who used to work in the same office as me, but I now work in a different part of the building. I have been suspecting for about a month that she was expecting, but didn't want to say anything. I finally asked someone else a couple weeks ago and she had announced her pregnancy just that day. I was happy for her. Anyway, today I saw her for the first time since I knew she was pregnant and her belly was really showing. I congratulated her and then asked when she was due. I was really caught off guard when she answered September. She is as far along as I would have been with my first pregnancy. Wow, I should be looking like her right now. No tears started falling, but it was still a blow. I guess I will someday get over that feeling.

Anyway, here is a picture of my adorable nephew. He is 18 months old and loves helping on the farm.

I was pretty disappointed when my sister told me she was expecting him, but once I saw him the first time, I was totally over it. He is a very sweet boy, I don't know when I'll get to see him again. I hope he will bring his parents after his little cousin is born, but being farmers means they can't leave town for very long.

No comments: