Thursday, June 21, 2007

Are you sure it isn't Monday?

My calendar tells me today is Thursday, but it doesn't feel like one to me. My Jeep is having a problem with the air conditioner. It drips condensation on the floor getting the carpet wet. M knows about the problem, and is quite handy, but hasn't had the time to fix it yet. So I left the windows down all day yesterday to help dry out the carpet. This morning when I got in, the floorboard in the back had a huge puddle of water standing in it, normally only the passenger side gets a little damp. I realized the neighbor had watered his lawn last night and it was hitting the Jeep. He inadvertently filled my Jeep with water. Bummer. At least nothing important was in there.

Later I was walking from the parking garage to my building. After I got across the street, I felt something plop on my wrist and it was bird poop! I had no Kleenex with me so I used a leaf to wipe it off as much as possible and dumped hand sanitizer on it until I could wash up in the bathroom. The rest of the way to my building I was trying to tell myself that just because many diseases are carried in bird feces, I probably was not going to catch anything.

At least the weekend is almost here!

5 comments:

Chris said...

You are right, it is sounding a little like a Monday! I hope your day gets better. And I'm hereby declaring that getting pooped on by a bird is lucky. After all, it doesn't happen to everybody, just the lucky few. Wish I could get some luck my way.

Sami said...

Definitely sounds like a Monday. Here's hoping tomorrow is better.

Erin said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and leaving such a nice comment! I'm sorry you've had such a lousy day--hopefully it can only get better from here.

Carole said...

I'm agreeing...it sounds like a Monday. The calendar has got to be totally wrong.
~Carole

Jenn said...

The weekend has got to be better than having your car watered and getting getting pooped on.