Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Dr. Update

I saw the doctor today. This was my last visit to that practice, yeah! Today I didn't have to wait at all, but everyone was in a major hurry.

The nurse seemed especially distracted, every time she talked it was fast and she usually had her back to me. I met with another doctor today, I think that makes 4. I have not seen the same one in a row twice. This doctor I had never even seen in the hallway before. She was nice enough, but again I felt rushed. I was only able to ask a couple questions and then she was moving to get out of the room. When I told her about my symptoms from the weekend, she told me that GI pain is often difficult to distinguish from pregnancy pain. I have felt bad before, but I have never had trouble walking from GI trouble. I have also never had severe back pain from GI trouble. So, I am not sure she was correct about that, but at least I know the baby is OK. The one thing that really pleased me about this doctor is that she did discuss all previous lab results with me. That is the first time that has happened. My platelets were 186, the 2nd highest they have been since they have been monitored. Yeah!

In two weeks I go back to my old doctor for the first time. I will be having an ultrasound and probably will be able to find out the baby's gender. I am really looking forward to that.

On a different note, keep my friend K in your prayers. She is on a medication that regulates her menstrual cycles so that her period is regular down to the hour. She was 4 days late yesterday and despite 2 negative HPTs, she went to the doctor for a blood test at the doctor's request. She found out on her wedding anniversary that she is not pregnant again. She has had so much heartache that I would really like something to go well for her. I believe she is having surgery for her endometrious (sp?) in August or September, but she would really prefer to avoid surgery. She is feeling down and could use all the prayer she can get.

2 comments:

ultimatejourney said...

I'm glad the baby is doing well. How exciting that you'll be finding out the gender soon!

Tiffany said...

Great to hear things are going well-except for your illness. But glad it appears to be GI related and nothing to do with the baby. I know you'll be glad to get the sonogram!!! Hope the baby cooperates and you can tell the gender.