Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Cleaning up and Cakes

Last night we finally started cleaning out the extra bedroom. It used to be the guest room. Then over M's Christmas break he refinished our wood floors which required moving almost everything out of our house. We reset up our bedroom, the dog room/office, and the living room, but everything else got shoved into the extra room. Then I was tired from being pregnant, later depressed from our miscarriage, and then I was tired from being pregnant again. So the room just kept getting worse and worse. It sort of started out an organized mess and then we had the puppies in there, and it turned into a huge mess. I had to close the door just so the mess wouldn't stress me out as much.

So, I got all the stuff that is going into the front closest once we get shelves, moved out. All the clothes that will go into our new dressers we ordered this weekend are stacked in tubs in our bedroom. I got the car seats and stroller from my mom, and other miscellaneous baby things put in the closet. I cleaned out the boxes of stuff from my old job, and sorted my craft stuff. It wasn't as much work as I was expecting, but it was a lot of work. Tonight we just need to sweep and mop.

I did tear up a little when I came across the bear our friends gave us when we were expecting our first baby. M and I are trying to decide if we should bury it with the box, or let this new baby play with it. I sort of want to keep it.
~~~
I e-mailed pictures of the wedding cake I made to the bakery guy and dug out as many pictures of other cakes I could find to send him today. He wants me to come in for an interview later this week. I am hoping he will allow me to do it Sunday afternoon so I can practice a little. I am kind of nervous to have my work judged. Below are some of the pictures. I don't like doing freehand character stuff because I think I am a little shaky. I love squiggles and dots though because they are forgiving and look like you put a lot of time into it when you didn't.




3 comments:

Chris said...

Congrats on getting the room cleaned out. I know how it can be so overwhelming and stressful and how it even clutters your brain. I love your cakes too. You are very talented!

ultimatejourney said...

I always feel so relieved when I finally motivate myself to do something I've been meaning to do for a while.

Those cakes are gorgeous! Especially the wedding cake.

Sarah said...

i love the cakes, YUM!!

and i think keeping the bear for the new baby is a nice idea. letting go is important, but so is remembering. if it would hurt to see it then let it go, but keeping it somehow has a hopeful feeling to it.