Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Relief

It is amazing how much knowing the gender of the baby has helped both M and me in the healing process. After work yesterday I told M how much better I felt, and he said he was surprised by how much better he felt too. We felt comfortable enough to buy a couple of our alma matter's onesies, a jacket that was on clearance, overalls, and a toy tool set. It was actually fun looking at stuff and it not bringing on feelings of dread. In some ways buying things for this baby has also made everything feel more real.

I know that we are not totally in the clear until the baby arrives, even then we will have new worries, but now I feel like we can plan for the future.

On a different note, please keep L and her husband S in your prayers. L is the sister of a girl who used to go to my church. L was 8 months pregnant and lost her baby last week, the cause is unknown at this time. I know that this is a very difficult time for them right now, I believe it was going to be their first child but I am not 100% sure of that.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I am so glad you are in a place where you can be excited about your little baby boy! Have you picked out a name yet?

ultimatejourney said...

How exciting that you are making purchases for the little lad! Enjoy this happy time.

Melanie said...

That is so awesome that you are having a boy! It must feel amazing after all you've been through.