Friday, August 10, 2007

Happy Anniversary to M and Me!

Tomorrow is our 6th anniversary. I can't ask for a better husband or marriage. It is a little exciting that if everything goes well this will be our last anniversary sans kids. We actually started dating almost 11 years ago. My youngest brother doesn't even remember a time when M wasn't around.

I can't imagine a more perfect wedding or honeymoon. We had a wonderful time. The past 6 years have been pretty darn good as well with the exception of a few bumps in the road. I love the fact that I have a husband who is there for me when I need him the most. He takes care of and supports me the way a husband should. He makes me feel like the most important person in the world.

My favorite part of our anniversary is that it is an excuse for us to exchange presents. In the past our presents were relatively simple due to M being in school and us trying to save money. I usually make a special dessert or something and call it a present. This year we got to spend a little more than normal which was a lot of fun.

I had decided a long time ago what I was getting M for our anniversary, a GPS. He thought it would be nice for geocaching and for work. Around the time M mentioned it, my brother bought one for himself and did a bunch of research. A bonus for me so that I didn't have to spend a ton of time figuring out what features to pay for and what M wouldn't need or use. Yesterday I realized I still hadn't ordered it and almost panicked. I decided that I'd pay extra shipping to get it here by Saturday. Then I found out a new version had just come out so the price went way down. I was able to buy it and all the accessories locally for almost half what my brother paid 6 weeks ago.

I was so excited last night that I decided we should exchange gifts then, instead of Saturday. M was just as excited about giving me my present so last night before bed we exchanged presents. M loved his!

Then he gave me his present, a channel set diamond and ruby anniversary band. It perfectly matches the earrings my mom gave me on my wedding day. I had been hinting at wanting a anniversary band for a couple years, although I said I wanted diamonds. I think I like the rubies and diamonds better than I would an all diamond ring. The ring is gorgeous! I was especially pleased when I held the earrings up next to it and realized that it looked like they were purchased as a set. The earrings are probably 20 years old. I even dreamed about my ring last night much to M's amusement.

Tomorrow we are just planning to hang out together. We will go to a nice restaurant for supper and then to a showing of the play, "Kiss Me Kate" I am looking forward to dressing up even if my legs still have a rash on them.

7 comments:

LizzieK said...

Happy Anniversary! I have been reading your blog since my miscarriage in July and it has inspired me to begin my own. I hope that my story turns out with just as happy of an ending as yours, thanks for sharing your experience. It has helped me through a dark time in my life. Lizzie
justrelaxandtryagain.blogspot.com

Melanie said...

awwwww Happy Anniversary!

Geohde said...

Happy anniversary :)

Chris said...

COngratulations and Happy Anniversary! Here's to a lifetime of happiness for you both!

Tiffany said...

happy anniversary!! we also geocache-although we haven't been in a while. Hope you guys enjoy your anniversary!

Sarah said...

hitting the anniversary milestone pregnant was very special for me too. hope you have (had) a fabuluous day!

and i hope you have some rash relief soon, it looks and sounds miserable!

ultimatejourney said...

Happy anniversary! I'm hoping to still be pregnant for our 6th anniversary, which is coming up this winter. I love both of your gift ideas (and that the one you bought was such a bargain.)