Monday, August 6, 2007

More itchiness.

I am going to complain, but I think I deserve to.

Friday I was ill, I dry heaved worse than I have since I can remember. I finally threw up what I presume was bile although I am not sure. I guess I am on too many medications. I am starting to get worried about that. Even though my OB and the pharmacist have both given the clear, I would prefer to be medication free. Of course I would also like to be free of the little blisters all over my body.

The heat makes me itch worse. After getting to work in my not well air conditioned office on Friday, I realized it was a mistake to get out of bed. I was itching, my stomach was churning, and I kept getting light headed. I got the necessary things done then went home and slept until 5:00.

The spots have started spreading to the palms of my hands and the soles of my feet. The individual spots are also starting to blend together so instead of tiny red spots I am developing red, blistery patches. The backs of my arms look like one huge red welt. I am lucky that it is not on my face or in my hair.

The itching gets so intense at times that I just feel like crying. I went through the entire tube of cream prescribed by my doctor in one day. I am back to using Benadryl, it stops the itching better and isn't greasy. Oatmeal baths help as long as I am in the bath. The minute I get out I feel like my entire body is on fire, I assume because all the medicine has been washed off. It feels exactly like I imagine rolling in a fire ant bed would feel like. A healthy dose of liquid Benadryl helps for awhile. I keep a bottle in my purse to dab on if it rubs off. Hopefully I will know the results of the biopsy today and I get put an end to the spreading of spots.

On a more positive note, M got to feel the baby move for the first time on Friday! I am so happy that he finally got to feel the baby too.

Also, I started at the bakery this past Saturday. I just went in for 4 hours. I decorated 4 dozen cookies and 3 cakes. I learned a new technique and love working with the people there. I think I will enjoy this "job".

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh, hon, I'm so sorry. :( Did they determine whether or not it's PUPPS? I'll be praying you feel better. And, yay for the bakery! I'm excited to hear how it goes.

ultimatejourney said...

That sounds dreadful. I hope it gets better soon.

Congrats on the bakery job! It sounds like fun.