Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Rash update

Well, M and I have started our own buying spree. We bought a crib last night. It is used but in great shape. There are a few chips in the paint where it bumped up against a wall, but nothing we can't fix. While out we also bought some clothes and a few books from a store we rarely go to.

About a month ago we overheard a woman in a store say, "There are no cute boys clothes. Girls have cute clothes, and boys have good toys." I have to disagree. I really had to restrain myself from blowing our entire baby budget on clothes that will only be worn a couple times. I love all the overalls and jackets. I like rugby shirts and anything with an embroidered football. We have the first grandchild on one side of the family so they are all all anxious to buy things for us. We also go to a pretty large church that throws pretty good showers. One of my friends told me that she had to buy very few things for her daughter during the first year. I have to keep reminding myself that little ones grow fast so I can save money not buying too many clothes.
~~~
My OB thinks the Prednisone is an excellent idea. I asked her about the kidneys and liver of the baby and she said it would not be a problem and that the Prednisone would actually help with the growth of the baby's lungs. The only problem is that I need to make sure I don't taper off the Zoloft and the Prednisone at the same time or I may drive everyone crazy. She also said that if I go into labor while I am on Prednisone, I need to make sure they give me more during labor, I didn't think to ask why. My arms are looking better, my legs about the same. My hands look OK but are itching worse.
~~~
I got a glimmer of hope while at the OB office waiting for my appointment. I saw an article about the world's youngest preemie, born at 21 weeks 6 days. The article was in People, but I also found it online. The baby is developmentally OK if you go by her age compared to her due date as opposed to her birth date. I know not all babies born that young will survive, but it is so comforting to know that if something goes wrong right now, my baby can not only live, but have a "normal" life.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

it is so hard to restrain myself with all the cute baby clothes out there. i allow a slpurge if there's a really good sale and i can justify getting super cute stuff i might not ordinarily buy at full price next year. bigger sizes i'm less likely to ghet as gifts.

hope the prednisone helps!

Brandy said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - it's nice to know there are people out there reading.

I have to agree - there are a TON of ADORABLE boy clothes. I could go bankrupt buying things for my little guy. I have to say that the first 3 months Aiden was clothed almost entirely in things that were purchased for him. I had two showers and people were extremely generous but they tended to stay on the smaller side of clothes, as opposed to buying later sizes.

I try to catch sales and stock up on bigger sizes. Kohl's was having a clearance sale and my aunt works there so she bought a ton of 12-18 month summer stuff for next year and all of his winter outfits (things were marked down to $3-$5 and she got 30% off of that!! you can't beat those prices!). I really doubt I will have to buy much more and I will definitely be posting pics of the "haul".

Anyway, contracts on your pregnancy and I'm glad things are going well for you. Best wishes!

kiLikiNa said...

Shopping for baby clothes are sure fun. When I was pregnant, I was so anxious to look at stuff that after the miscarriage, I couldn't bear holding any baby stuff. Now, I'm better.... And your baby will be a beautiful baby. :)