Monday, August 20, 2007

Viability Reached

We have reached viability with this baby! I am not naive enough to think that if the baby is born today everything will be OK, but it is so nice to know he can live.

For the past couple of days I have been really emotional about the first baby. I guess it is because our due date is approaching. Last night I kept crying. I guess I am still scared we may lose this baby too. It would kill me if we do. I already told M, that if we do, we are quitting our jobs and moving either to Colorado or Ireland and starting life over.


I booked my youngest brother plane tickets to visit over Labor Day weekend. I am really excited to see him. His last visit here was a couple years ago when he came with my dad. A couple summers before that he stayed with us for 2 weeks, that is one of my favorite memories. I think we are going to the zoo and a wildlife refuge while he is here. We will probably visit every pet store in a 100 mile radius too. He is the world's biggest animal lover, his current interest is his 3 parrots. If you name an animal, he has probably had it as a "pet" at some point. Our dogs love it when he visits because he spoils them and he sleeps in the bed with them. Even though I get to see him 2 or 3 times every year, I am really looking forward to his visit here, even if it will be brief. There is something special about having family visit as opposed to going to visit them.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So the entire country would become your "location casualty" (see stirrup queen's latest post) - rooting for you!!!

Chris said...

Rachel, I am so happy for you! Congrats on making it to this point. I hope you can now enjoy this pregnancy even more. Again, I'm so happy for you!

Melanie said...

Oh I'm so glad you've reached that point. You might not feel fine until you hold that little guy (it's a given after miscarriage). And you will :)

Sarah said...

congratulations Rachel!!