Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Good Weekend

I had a great weekend, it was so good to hang out with my brother. We went to the zoo, hiking, a movie, gardened, and just hung out. It is so strange that he is 16, almost 17. During his last long visit by himself, he was 12 and still so young. He has turned out to be a pretty considerate, polite person. He made his flights just fine.

I am not sure how he managed to get the ENTIRE bathroom wet when he took a shower, but he did. He even caused a light bulb to burn out from getting it wet, but that is really the only complaint I have about the weekend. M is glad that kids aren't born as teenagers. Not that my brother is a bad kid, but because teenagers are sort of in their own world.

Our poor dogs are going through withdrawal. My brother slept in the bed with them, cuddled with them, and just paid them a ton of attention. They get plenty of attention from M and I, but they just spent 4 days having their ears scratched and getting extra treats. When we got home from taking my brother to the airport the dogs ran in the house and immediately started looking for him instead of us.

On the baby front, things are going well. The little guy is starting to have recognizable patterns to his movements. He moves a lot first thing in the morning, around lunch, and just before bed. It is nice that his movement doesn't interrupt my sleep. I am almost through my 2nd trimester, each day is comforting that the baby is still doing OK.

(photo removed)

4 comments:

ultimatejourney said...

Wow, almost through the second trimester! You're getting so close!

That's a beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing it.

mandolyn said...

Ditto on the picture- too cute! My husband's sister is quite a bit younger and still in high school...yeah, it's definitely a different world. I'm sure I'll be as good as crazy by the time I handle a teenager. :)

I think whatever you decide to do as far as staying home or going back to work after your baby is here will be the right decision. Just make sure that you do what feels right to you- that's what really matters.

Chris said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend. And so glad you posted a picture. It's so nice to attach a face to all of your wonderful words. And such a cute picture too.

Melanie said...

I'm glad to hear you had fun with your brother and glad to hear things are going well with baby!