Friday, September 28, 2007

More thoughts on new research

I never could find the journal article I posted about yesterday. I did find several other news articles and realized that the percent increase the authors are quoting is less than 4%. That is hardly anything. I could increase my risk by 4% because I sneezed too much.


Truthfully I understand my miscarriage was not my fault, I just wish I had an answer as to why it had to happen. I realize I won't have an answer until I meet God and by then I may not care anymore.

3 comments:

niobe said...

I know I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out why I lost my twins. Sometimes I think that it would be almost better if it was somehow my fault, because then, at least I'd have an answer.

Geohde said...

Often there never IS an answer.

I haven't read the article, but I assume that measly 4% increase is confounded by the fact that women who engage in heavy aerobic exercise have wonkier cycles, crapper luteal phases and make less ideal embryos on average. SO it may not he the running after conception, per-se, but the underweight-ness tendancy and ovulatory dysfunction.

If that makes sense.

Anyroad, I hope that you find peace with what happened, even in the absence of firm information.

xx

J

ultimatejourney said...

There are so many bad things that happen without reason. Nobody deserves to encounter any sort of heartbreak when they're trying to bring new life into the world. Sadly, many of us have still experienced losses of many sorts on that very path.

I hope you continue to heal.