Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Trying to Be Positive

I think I have been kind of whiny lately so today I am going to be positive.

Things I can be happy about:
  • The air conditioning in my office is FINALLY fixed! It was actually in the 70's in my office this morning for the first time in a month.
  • We can afford for me to stay home with our little guy.
  • My husband is supportive of whatever decision I make regarding continuing to work or staying home.
  • My boss is flexible about whatever decision I make regarding work.
  • It is gorgeous outside today!
  • I have less than 3 months to go until I will have a child.
  • M's boss went ahead and gave him a week of vacation after 6 months instead of making him wait a year to get his 2 weeks. That means he will be able to take time off with pay once the little guy arrives.
  • I have wonderful friends both in real life and in blog world who are very supportive and know the right things to say when I do get down on myself.
  • I haven't cried once today.
  • I didn't cry during class last night when the professor made an insensitive comment about spontaneous abortion (I hate that word). I even came up with a plan about how to approach him on his comment (very NOT my style). More on that later.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm glad you are feeling better today :)

Sarah said...

that is a lot to be positive about! good luck with your plan with the professor. sounds like an important thing to try to follow through on.

kiLikiNa said...

i guess sometimes to write down all these positive things that is happening in our lives helps us to look at the bigger picture and be more thankful of our well-being. and i hope you'll continue to feel better and more cheerful!

Geohde said...

:)

Good idea to keep a list.

xx

J