Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Weight Lifted

Yesterday I felt like a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I guess our little ceremony helped me more than I thought it would. Maybe we should have done it sooner.

Last night I made a small blanket and finished a couple more bibs for the little guy. As soon as I get the rest of the bibs done, I am going to post a picture. It kind of seems silly, but making these bibs is really helping me get more excited about his pending arrival. Each one takes about 20 minutes to make, but the fact that it is something I am making specifically for him seems to help. The first couple I made out of fabric that was left over from baby blankets for other people. Then I bought a bunch of fabric just for our son. Those are the ones that are giving me the most satisfaction.

I still want to make a really nice blanket for him. I found some really soft off-white material, I am going to embroider his name on it and possibly put a couple appliques on it. I think it will make a really nice keepsake. Part of making all the bibs is to freshen up my sewing skills so that the blanket will turn out nicer. I tend to get in a hurry and try to get things done instead of pay attention to details. Later I'll notice a crocked line and regret not having torn the seam out and redone it right away. So far I have made 9 bibs and each is a little nicer than the last. Of course to M's eye, the quality looks about the same in all of them.

We have 11 weeks to go, the room isn't done, and my energy is waning. We need to get busy!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I am envious of your bib making. I'm glad you are able to enjoy the special moments so much.

Geohde said...

I'm glad that you're feeling better,

xx

J