Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I have a friend who is in med school and currently on her OB rotation. I saw her over the weekend for the first time in about a month. The first thing she said to me was, "you're not going to such-n-such clinic, are you?" That was my old clinic. I guess I am not the only one who has had problems there. She said there are a lot of problems there and she would hope no one has to go there. I am so thankful that I was able to change doctors.

Last night I had a burst of energy and got the floors vacuumed and mopped. I got the dishes done and 2 loads of laundry washed, dried, AND folded. I also got all my shoes cleaned out of the front closet so we can store the car seat and stroller there. I am not sure where the energy came from, but I am glad to have accomplished so much.

Our house is tiny (1100 square feet) and it is feeling smaller each day. It was perfect for the 2 people and 2 dogs, but with a baby coming priorities change. We regularly get rid of stuff so it isn't like we are pack rats, but I am beginning to wonder where the baby stuff will go. I am trying hard to go through stuff again, reorganize the closets, etc., so that we have room to put baby stuff in our house. I refuse to rent a storage unit, but we may have to. We just don't have room to store my grandmother's china or our old kitchen table until we upgrade our house in 3 or 4 years.

I am excited about 2 showers I have coming up, one thrown by my church on the 21st, and one thrown by some girls at work in Nov. 3. I think both will be a lot of fun, and maybe justify renting a storage unit.

2 comments:

Manda said...

Thank you thank you thank you. I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

Geohde said...

Ah, inside information is always the best kind!

Maybe I should clean my tiny flat, no baby coming, but if a 30 week pregnant woman can do it, what's my excuse? :)

J