Friday, October 12, 2007

Last night before I went to sleep, I was lying still while little guy was moving a lot. Sometimes his movements are so strong I wonder if he'll hurt himself, however, I enjoy his movements because to me it means he is OK.

Although I can feel movement, I have no idea what is moving. My belly is lopsided, so I assume the majority of his body is to the right of my belly button. The nurse thinks he is probably head down with his back towards the outside of my belly because of where she found his heartbeat last. However, I haven't ever been able to figure out which part of his body is where. During the past week I have started to feel shapes so I try to guess how he is positioned, but it is purely a guess. The feelings are always real general and very hard to describe. I can't feel much on the outside of my belly except some random movements if I have my hand in the right place at the right time. Last night little guy paused during his movements and something was poking out by my belly button. I put my hand there and was able to determine it was a knee or an elbow. He stayed still long enough that I could "hold" him for a minute or two. It was really a special moment. It is amazing how much joy these little things can bring me. M was washing dishes and missed it, hopefully it will happen again.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

my poor husband misses every movement too. even during a really busy period, if he puts his hand on my belly or so much as looks at it, everything comes to a hault. i'm hoping he'll have this affect when she's out, too!

Geohde said...

When I was doing my OB term, I used to love showing women which bit was butt, which was head and where the limbs were.

It is pretty damn cool when they kick back from the inside whilst you're figuring it out.

ultimatejourney said...

I can see myself being the same way once I'm a bit further along -- trying to guess what's what in there.

What a sweet moment with the little guy. I'm certainly no expert, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were more of those to come.

The Town Criers said...

It was pretty far along, pretty close to deliver when I could tell the head from the elbow from the tush. But aren't the movements amazing :-)

Monica H said...

What a special moment. I long for that day...