Monday, October 1, 2007

Monday

This weekend I found out 2 friends are expecting. They each have a 19 month old right now. It sounds terrible, but I am only excited for 1 of them. The friend I am excited for we are really close to, she and her husband are almost like family. Their baby is due at the end of May and will be in the same grade as our son.

The friend I am not excited for is a bit self centered. She thinks the world revolves around her which is a little strange for a girl who has 3 younger siblings. It also seems like everything goes perfectly for her. Her and her husband started trying in August because the baby would be born right before the end of the school year and her husband would be home all summer to help her out. She practically told me the day they started trying and the reason that was when they were trying. I sort of hoped it would take a couple of months just so she knew what it feels like when your plans don't work the way you want them to. Of course it worked perfect for her, just like everything else does. I am not sure why this bothers me so much. Maybe because I wanted her to ask me how I was doing, how I was doing with my loss, how hard it has been to be excited when I am scared to death. Anyway, I know I am being selfish and I need to get over it.

I saw Mrs. C this weekend. She is acting like nothing happened as far as her loss. M talked to Mr. C yesterday. He said that Mrs. C is having a really hard time and not dealing with the loss very well at all. I know that I am not the best person to be comforting her right now, I just wish I could. She did let me give her a hug, but it was strange how detached she seemed. I guess I would be too if I had lost 2 babies in the last 7 months.

I just checked out the bakery's website today and they finally have one of my cakes posted. I did this one about a month ago and I am pretty proud of it. It is the only one that I did that's on the website, but at least they picked a good one.


(Photo removed)

5 comments:

niobe said...

That is an absolutely gorgeous cake. I can certainly see why they put it on the website.

ultimatejourney said...

What a beautiful cake! Now I want cake :)

I'm sure I'd feel the same way about the easily-knocked-up friend.

kiLikiNa said...

the cake is so beautiful! if only you were here, i would commission you to make one for my dad's birthday this friday.

and i also understand why you don't like your other friend. it's almost the same sentiment i have for my SIL. and they would never understand what we have to go through because their lives always seem to be perfect.

Elizabeth said...

That is a lovely cake!!! Perfectly executed!

People who haven't experienced some kind of loss are hard to be around sometimes - the blissful ignorance.

Sarah said...

what a perfect cake! today's my birthday, so i'm going to pretend that's my birthday cake if you don't mind.

i don't think it's selfish to resent the fact that this girl has had pregnancy work out so easily (so far). it's not fair that it's so much harder for some of us. of course it's not really her fault, but those reminders of how it's suppossed to be still suck. hey, i think you deserve a peice of cake!