Friday, October 5, 2007

October 15

Last night I had a revelation why my miscarriage seems to be bothering me more than most other people seem bothered by theirs. It seems that I identify and am healing more similarly to those who have experienced multiple losses. I planned out a long post explaining this and asking for opinions. Today I am too emotional to actually write down the post and I need to write it when I'm not emotional. I'll post on it later.

Instead I'll remind you (or make you aware) that October 15 is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. If you would like more information about this day check out the Share website. You can also check out the transcript from the House of Representatives from when House Resolution 222 was passed.

In my area there will be a Share Walk on October 14. The pamplet I received said that it will be a candlelit one mile walk where people can share their experience with others. I am sure there will be similar events across the country to remember the little ones we lost. If you haven't experienced a loss, I encourage you to do something to remember the little ones your friends or family have lost. I guess each individual is different, so make sure what you do is appropriate for the individual. Personally I would appreciate a quick e-mail or note letting me know that my friends are thinking of me. For others, they may appreciate you attending the Share Walk with them.

If you are interested in purchasing car magnets or other gifts for a friend, www.october15.com has a variety of items. The woman who operates this site experienced 6 miscarriages and was instrumental in getting House Resolution 222 passed. I ordered some car magnets for myself and some friends and received them pretty quickly. I have been too shy to pass them out, but I do have one on my Jeep.

To my lurkers, thanks for saying hi. It is amazing to me how many people are actually interested in what I have to say. For those of you too shy to say hi, thanks for stopping by anyway. You can e-mail me at: rachel dot runner at gmail dot com if you wish. That is not my primary e-mail address, so if I don't respond right away, be patient.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Rachel

2 comments:

SaraS-P said...

Thanks for the info. I had no idea such a day existed!

Chris said...

Wow, who knew that there was such a day. I'll have to check it out, thanks for sharing.

And please try not to compare how you are dealing with your loss to how others are dealing with theirs. You are going through the steps that are right for you. Sure, you might feel a little more affected, but that's ok. There are times (many times actually) where I don't feel affected enough and I wonder what is wrong with me. I guess what I'm trying to say is you are doing a great job in dealing with your grief, keep it up and don't worry about how you compare.

Hugs!