Monday, November 19, 2007

Before & After

Before this was Little Guy's room, it was supposed to be a guest room. Over Christmas we (OK actually M) redid the floors in our house. Shortly after that we found out we were expecting our first baby. This room was supposed to become his room.


After we lost him, it became the junk room/ sewing/ exercise room.

Now it is Little Guy's room with a place for me to sew in. From these pictures, you can't tell how bright it is in there during the day. I closed the curtains since the windows need a through washing.

We bought the crib used. I made the curtains. We found the bedding on e-bay. M surprised me with the rocker a couple weeks ago. I made the blanket and boppy cover.


The quilt rack was bought on our honeymoon, the boots belonged to one of my brothers. The dresser belonged to M as a child, we painted it and put new hardware on. The bench in the corner came from the 1 room school house in east Texas where my great-grandmother taught.
This desk came from M's sister. The quilt was made by M's grandmother. The lamp was given to me by my sisters when I moved out on my own. The pooh was a gift to us when we found out we were expecting our first baby. I couldn't get rid of it, but Little Guy won't be allowed to play with it.


I hope you enjoyed the pictures!

7 comments:

Christyna said...

it's wonderful!! You two are so handy and crafty!! And the personal touches from the past make it such a great place for a baby.

ultimatejourney said...

You guys did a beautiful job! I hope mine comes out half as nice. (I'm just starting to make curtains now...)

Brandy said...

The room is absolutely adorable!! You are so talented and I love the theme. You and your husband have done a fabulous job!

Monica H said...

I love the color scheme. And the crib looks brand new! Great job on personalizing this space. I can't wait to see pictures of the Little Guy in his nursery :)

Geohde said...

That's a lovely room for your little guy,

J

Chris said...

You are so talented! What an adorable room full of such special memories. Love it!

kiLikiNa said...

The baby's nursery is just so beautiful! I was so touched reading your blog knowing that everything in the room is so personal. I wish I could have that too but Chinese are just not like that... they want everything new! Sigh.... But, I'm borrowing a couple of stuff from friends in order to save the money. Good job on the nursery!