Saturday, November 24, 2007

Hello from the Hospital

I truly didn't expect to check in again until Monday, but my water broke this morning. So far progress has been very slow. If they didn't have me hooked up to a monitor and I wasn't leaking, I wouldn't even know I was in labor.

I woke up about 4:30 with really bad acid reflux. I took some Tums, went to the bathroom, took more Tums, then settled back down. About then I announced to M, "I just went pee." He didn't really respond. I got up and went to the bathroom again and finally decided my water broke.

The only thing I had hoped to accomplish yesterday was packing my hospital bag. I did have a small pile going, but no bag. We packed quickly, fed the dogs, and debated stopping for breakfast but decided we better not. We checked in at the hospital within 45 minutes of me waking up and have been hanging out here ever since. I am a little bummed I didn't get breakfast and the nurses won't let me eat in case I have an emergency c-section. I've been trying to sleep but the girl screaming across the hall (who chose not to have an epidural) is a bit distracting.

My OB is not on call but a nice, female OB from her office is. The nurses started cervadal (sp?) to try to get me dilated, it will stay in for at least 12 hours unless I go into active labor. The doc says I may not have this baby until tomorrow. I'll be really hungry by then!

It is a little hard to type with the IV in, so I probably won't update again until little guy arrives.
****
P.S. to the Wed. post

I didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings about the check boxes on the birth certificate application. Obviously there just is not enough check boxes to fit each individual's situation. I am not sure how the boxes should be worded exactly, but I do know it should be different.
****
Assuming all goes well, I'll have a son the next time I write.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How exciting! Can't wait to hear all about it! May all go very well.

Monica H said...

Congratulations! I wish you a quick painless delivery (so you can eat- of course)! I can't wait to see him, I bet he is beautiful. Relish in the moment.

Take care, Monica

Geohde said...

Wishing you the very best of luck with your labour and a healthy son,

xx

J

Meg said...

Yay,yay,yay! I can only imagine how those first few moments will be when you are actually holding you little one, saying hello and beginning an unbreakable bond....

Tell him Happy Birthday from all of us in Blogland.

kiLikiNa said...

Wishing you all the best! It's nice to have you update us from the hospital. Hope to see the beautiful baby's photo when you're up to blogging again.

Brandy said...

I'm sure he's already been here for some time but I just wanted to say CONGRATS!!

Sarah said...

congratulations!! can't wait to hear the news!!

Melanie said...

I hope everything goes great! I'll be thinking about you! Good luck!