Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Not going back

I still haven't told my boss that I'm not planning to come back to work after little guy arrives. At first it was all up in the air, I couldn't decide what to do. After checking into some childcare options, I decided I really didn't want someone else watching our child. Then I came up with the idea to watch one or 2 other people's kids. M and I threw the idea around for awhile and finally decided that me staying home was best for our family.

My mom owns a daycare and for 7 years I helped her out daily. I figure that I can handle watching a couple children. Besides, it will bring in just enough extra money to help keep our budget from being too tight.

The problem is I need to talk to my boss. He knows there is a possibility I won't come back. He hired someone just in time so they could be well trained by the time I go on leave. I am just really nervous about talking to him. I already know he won't be mad or upset, I'm just anxious about the conversation. I had the conversation all planned out in my head, I planned to tell him today, then he left for the rest of the day. I have to tell him, and soon!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I recently resigned from my job, too. I want to be home with my babe! Anyway - I found it much, much easier once I had a letter. I brought the letter in with me, then I didn't have to worry about what I did or didn't remember to say, I just had to say I made a decision not to return & hand her the letter - full of things about how much I enjoyed my time there, but my priorities have changed, blah, blah, blah. It helped keep my head straight.

ultimatejourney said...

Congratulations on making a big decision. I get all nervous about conversations like that too. I hope it goes smoothly.

Geohde said...

Good luck with your chat with the boss. I wouldn't go back, either...

J

Kristen said...

Good luck with the conversation! I'm sure it will go just fine and you'll look back and wonder why you worried so much. I get really nervous before big conversations too - especially with work. When I confessed about my infertility treatment, my boss was so supportive and I found out she was a fellow infertile too - of the secondary nature - so it's amazing how things can turn out sometimes.