Wednesday, November 14, 2007

OB Update

My visit yesterday went well. Little Guy is measuring 6 pounds, 14 ounces, about a week ahead of schedule. I know the measurements are not completely accurate, but we now know we won't be having an abnormally huge baby. It is kind of strange because the whole time we have been expecting a big baby with a big head. I only have a couple newborn sized sleepers, but I'm not going to go buy more. The OB says most likely I will not have him before Thanksgiving. We are anxious, but at least we can enjoy the holiday weekend. I didn't know how I would handle a bunch of extra visitors in town wanting to hold him, now I don't have to stress about it.

We asked about the umbilical cord. The technician said at this point it is hard to tell much. The cord is near the left side of his neck, as far as she can tell, it was not on the right side. I gasped a little when she said that, but I have to trust that God won't take another child from me.

He has hair on his head. For some reason I expected a bald baby. Both M and I were born with hair so I guess I should have known. I saw my hospital picture this past weekend, I can only hope our son takes after his dad. I was not a cute baby. M on the other hand was one of the cutest babies ever.

4 comments:

Monica H said...

Why is that our husbands were much cuter as babies than we were? Mr. H is one of the most adorable baby boys I have ever seen. Me? I was cute, but not compared to him.

Elizabeth said...

It's amazing how much you can know ahead of time these days... I can't believe how close you are getting!

Geohde said...

It's roughly +/- 20 percent or something like that. Your little bub is right on track :)

j

kiLikiNa said...

i hope mine will have hair next time. chinese are most often born without hair and it's scary. :P