Friday, February 25, 2011

4 years

I have been trying to think of something profound to say today, but words escape me.  All week I have been melancholy, remembering how I felt 4 years ago.

I am happy and blessed with my current life.  I have a wonderful husband and two beautiful and perfect children.

When I woke up this morning I heard a song I had not heard before playing on the radio.

Darius Rucker, This
Got a baby girl sleeping in my bedroom
And her mama laughing in my arms

There's the sound of rain on the rooftop

And the game's about to start


I don't really know how I got here
But I'm sure glad that I did

And it's crazy to think that one little thing

Could've changed all of it

Maybe it didn't turn out like I planned
Maybe that's why I'm such, such a lucky man


(Chorus)


For every stoplight I didn't make

Every chance I did or I didn't take

All the nights I went too far

All the girls that broke my heart

All the doors that I had to close

All the things I knew but I didn't know

Thank God for all I missed

Cause it led me here to

This




There is more to the song, but the first part is what speaks to me today.

2 comments:

Peacock Lace said...

It's so lovely to read about your life now, I'm in the place you were 4 years ago and am hoping one day to be in the place you are now. It's only been 4 months for me, so each day is difficult. I with you and yor family all love xx

sheila said...

its comforting to know you are sharing news on miscarriage which is such a taboo subject lets hope many mums and dads find you easily